Tuesday, December 05, 2006

step on it (9)

Utrecht: with my traveler friend. I tried to get there in time to catch Sinterklaas coming … but it looks like I’ve been a bad boy this year and Sinterklaas went way before seeing me.

In the afternoon we were lucky and I could borrow a bike (thank you :) ). We went to a small park with some kind of zoo in the middle; this kind of parks are really popular in the Netherlands; I have one also in 2 minutes from my place, with doers, ponies, wild chicken or goats. It was funny to met the keeper of the place; we went inside with the bikes even if we weren’t biking there (and it’s not allowed at all); so the keeper came to after a while and begun looking to me from my feet to my head, up and down (come on, say something, I know you can speak :) ). Suddenly he begun speaking Dutch (even if I’ve asked him to switch to English); neither Anne didn’t succeed to make him speak in an understandable language for us; luckily she understood a little bit of Dutch: we weren’t allowed to get our bikes inside the park and it was closing time (around 17.00). So we had no other choice but to go and see the Rhine passing Utrecht :).

In the night we have delighted our mouth with a tasty Mexican meal together with other trainees and AIESEC members from Utrecht. As a bonus we had lots of laughs ( she really knows how to have fun, our good Mexican cocker :) ) and we’ve experienced also a typical Dutch “party” in a bar (lots…not lots, but lots of lots of people were inside… no room to turn around … some old Dutch music … some old Dutch people … not my taste at all).

Sunday was the time again to see Utrecht. We’ve went by foot to some spots that I’ve already visited (but really liked them), to some new spots … and I haven’t seen yet all of Utrecht.

No comments: