Tuesday, December 05, 2006

step on it (8)

The Rhine near Wageningen: by myself; with the same AIESEC traveler. Yeap, the Rhine that I’ve only heard or seen in TV is 10 minutes away from my room :).

First, I’ve been there with my bike, in a sunny and windy Saturday a while ago. I went straight to the ferry crossing point and I was really close to take a bath; luckily my pinky bike had good brakes. It remembered me a little bit of my loved Bistrita river (I won’t compare them). Unfortunately there was no way to go on the riverside further, so it was quite short my first date with the Rhine.

After some weeks, I went again. This time I was with my new traveling friend and we have taken another path to walk really close to the Rhine. Some cows welcomed us there (they really have a dump face :) ) and the rain and the wind took care of us all the way.

It’s been a while since I have walked through the forest or near a river, without asphalt or cement on my feet.

No comments: