Thursday, December 28, 2006

Step on it (12)

Gouda: with Anne; feeling the Christmas spirit. Gouda by Candellight

After work I grabbed a shoarma and my backpack and went for the train. I’ve meet with Anne in the train; she jump up in Utrecht (nice way to establish a meeting point :) ) and soon we were in Gouda.

We’ve listened to the mayor and the crowd singing carols. A band of Santa’s were singing instrumental versions of the carols, choirs were singing all around the center, the city hall was enlightened by candles, in the cathedral (a superb building) also Christmas songs … before leaving we’ve stopped near the Christmas tree: a band of around 15-20 young and old people were playing at drums, trumpets and all sort of instruments. I didn’t have to close my eyes to live the Christmas dream.

There were 4 full hours of Christmas for me; I felt it so deep and so warm (even thought it was a rainy and windy weather). A great present from someone up in the sky.

No comments: