Friday, December 22, 2006

step on it (10)

Rotterdam: Happy and sunny Saturday morning: wake up let’s go traveling. I was ready faster than ever and had the greatest mood to walk; it was a gorgeous December sunny day. Today I also felt how it is to wait for a Latin person … I don’t want to experience that again; even though Latin persons are much more closer to my feelings I prefer to struggle to get in time with the non-Latin précis time from Nord Europe :)And I’ve been in Rotterdam: a long and very “gezellig” street from the train station to the harbor. To be sincere we were just walking ahead (we: means me, an AIESEC-er from Brazil, a guy and a girl from Spain). While we were still in the train station area I’ve seen my beloved rainbow over Rotterdam … speechless; I hope I will get somehow the pictures to share it with you. And we’ve walked near the canal straight ahead … and we’ve met with Anne and a German friend of her (also a very friendly traveler :) ).

What I’ve saw there: a platform full of flags (don’t remember exactly the meaning), the old harbor (with superb old boats), the oldest sky-scraper in Europe (I think just 15 floors high), the houses in a cube shape, a small and spectacular chess museum (every theme you can imagine for a chess table was there) … and back on the streets of the shopping center and main market to the train station.

Ohhh … Before we proceed to the old harbor we saw a double rainbow embracing the city and a fairy tale sunset.

1 comment:

Lucian Pricop said...

Mai Mircea, dar curcubee puteai vedea si acasa, nu trebuia sa mergi asa departe pestru asta :P

As vrea sa vad si eu Rotterdamul intr-o zi, cand acea zi va veni am sa iau indicatii de la tine ;) (de exemplu de unde se vad curcubeele cel mai bine ;)

SARBATORI FERICITE si UN AN NOU MAI BUN!! Distractie la maxim!