Thursday, December 28, 2006

Step on it (14)

Maastricht: with AIESEC trainees in the Netherlands. It was a Christmas celebration, but about it I’ll write later :).

I’ve taken a city tour … and it’s truly a very old city, from the Roman times. I’ve saw the defending walls (they remind me a little bit of Sibiu, just a little bit :)). Close to them I’ve seen the classical “zoo” park that I’ve saw almost everywhere in this country: the usual trees and grass and benches, but in the middle you can see dears, goats, all kind of birds, and sometimes donkeys or ponies. We’ve taken a long walk on the streets of the city and I’ve felt the scent of the city: it is much more similar to Belgium and a little bit different from Dutch; in fact I think it’s a mixture of the two cultures.

In the main square there was the Christmas market with all sorts of amusements for kids (I hardly stopped myself not to try them :) ), places to enjoy a hot tea or boiled wine and … the huge vertical spinning wheel, bigger than the one in Groningen … and I’ll say it again: I’m a foul for views from high above :).

P.S.: stay tunned for the pictures

1 comment:

Andreea Mihaela Gheorghiu said...

Desi pana acum nu am postat nici un comentariu, asta nu inseamna ca nu am citit din intamplarile si trairile pe care le-ai pus pe blog.
toate astea, pe mine cel putin, ma fac sa-mi amintesc cum ne-am distrat pe la conferinte sau la iesiri.
Si nu pot decat sa ma bucur, stiind ca iti traiesti your "lifetime experience"
Sa pasesti cu dreptul in 2007, si de-abia astept sa te intorci pe meleagurile Romaniei
Andreea G