Monday, November 20, 2006

step on it (7)

Den Haag (The Hague): with an AIESEC-er traveler. Yeap, I’ve discovered a traveler. And what are doing 2 travelers when they are meeting? They go traveling :). With a map to be studied in the train, with sandwiches and chocolate and tea and fruits and carrots to be eaten when your body asks for attention, with a big smile to bring the sun from behind the clouds … we went to den Haag.

My personal impression after one day in den Haag: “Is it for real?”. I was really amazed by the mixed of history with S.F. design; it’s not really S.F. from nowadays, it’s the one from 10-15 years ago that I’ve saw on TV when I felt in love with this kind of movies. It’s like “building the future on top of the past”. It’s really wonderful: statues of kings, 21st century trams that goes under your house, old museums, large squares, narrow streets, latest brands in shops … and the sea.

We made 2 friends there: the chocolate eater pigeon and the grumpy pigeon.




The North Sea’s beach in den Haag. My first time that I see the sea in the autumn or winter. My beloved sea. It was really windy, but we were lucky with the rain … it stayed far from us. Have you ever tried to catch with your hand the sea’s foam carried by the wind on the sand? Have you ever tried to hug the sea and felt the waves calling you?

And I’ve been waken up by the hunger :). We went for a pizza in a place with a very strong American brand but with a very Dutch lekker design inside … and of course the usual more than half an hour waiting for the food or desert.

No comments: