Monday, November 13, 2006

step on it (4)

Zoo near Wageningen: with AIESEC people. My first week-end here and it was already time to “step on it”. There were around 30 AIESEC-ers from all over the Netherlands … and many places in the world. I’m not a big fan of the zoo because I do not like to see animals locked in cages and the humans pretending that they offer them almost the same habitat as they would have in nature. I had a very bad mental trauma last year after visiting the zoo in Sibiu (Romania), so this time I was prepared to refuse this grotesque way of entertaining people. But it was ok or almost ok. The animal environment was somewhat acceptable. What I’ve seen there: a monkey fight that scared all the ducks :), a huge and very frustrated polar bear, very very high giraffes, some “olifants”, of course my beloved penguins, some “rock” wild pigs (they had the same hair style as a rocker :P ), and many more (some funny, some said, some happy … some animals).

No comments: