Tuesday, November 14, 2006

step on it (6)

Arnhem: with 2 romanian guys. It was a specific Dutch Saturday: some clouds, some sun, some wind and some water drops. Ok, let’s go. We went for shopping; at least this was the main goal. This time I did it another way: just put some clothes on me and went away without any sack on my back … hmmm … I guess I had some candies with me :D. A new city for me and some time available, guess what? Exactly, a short city tour; and it was really short: the main square with the church (interesting that it had an elevator into the tower) and the narrowed commercial streets with old and new buildings. The shops were quite ok and I had good luck in finding what I like at a more than reasonable price. But I still need some warm trousers before the winter will freeze anything (the Dutch frees, not the Romanian -20C :) ). I really felt like going from a village to the city; it was like: uau! So many people! Uau! So high buildings! :). I’ll be back for sure to get under the skin of Arnhem.

No comments: