Monday, November 06, 2006

step on it (2)

Utrecht: 4hours walk by myself. I have followed a tourist route and I’ve seen almost all the historical places in Utrecht… and it’s really historical. I had the sensation of walking in a novel about an old monastery, or another one about knights, or another one about the lower society in the middle ages. All of them are conserved in such a manner than made me feel the history, touch it. Even thought I was reading on every step about what happened there, I forgot it in the next second; I just kept the sensation of those so far away times. And something unexpected: while walking on a quarter of the route I haven’t seen no one tourist or native … and on the Jerusalem street was a spooky bar, with doubtful people inside and outside … and I was on the way of being robbed (lucky I have an innocent look or because I staid very calm…hmmm). I have stopped on one side of a canal in the warm sun light and eaten my sandwiches. It was the perfect time for my feet to rest and for my face to get some heat in the chili breeze of autumn. I have to come back and try some sailing on the canals and a drink with my friends.

No comments: