Monday, November 06, 2006

step on it (3)

Bennekom: by bike. It’s really small, even smaller than Wageningen I think. The center looks really “gezellig”. I have founded there the remains of a tram line or railroad and the statue of an old railroad worker looking far away for the incoming tram or train

Road to Arnhem: 2hours and a half by bike. Hmm…I want to bike, but where to? Look, it is written up there Arnhem 17km. Ok, let’s go. It was really chili and the wind was blowing in my face all the way, and it didn’t stop blowing in my face neither when I came back. I climbed the Wageningen’s “mountain” (hmmm..maybe it has more than 100m high…hmmm), biked near the highway, through some small villages, into the forest, smelled the fresh air that remembered me of the mountain forests from my home, and biked and biked and biked. I had to stop after more than 1 hour; my body needed a break and some energy…water and chocolate :D. And let’s go back, but not on the same route. So I have chosen Benekom come back. I really love those forests. Lucky there weren’t too much traffic on the street so I could fall in love with the noise of my bike going further and further and further. People here live really close with the nature and I see a great respect for it.

No comments: