Sunday, February 25, 2007

AIESEC and “It's up to you”

I have just finished reading again the comments on the great news about Gabiza becoming the President of AIESEC International. Congrats Gabiza!
Her story together with stories of other AIESEC-ers are always remanding me about ''It's up to you’. The easiest thing for me is waiting for opportunities to came in front of my eyes, to be delivered to me, and not being the one that seeks for them, the one that creates them for himself. So far, I think it was also a little bit of luck that in almost one year of AIESEC I’ve been part of an OC, I’ve attended the TtT (Train the trainers), I’ve been to 4 conferences and focused on a traineeship in the same time. I'm totally convinced that giving up on fears and the commodity of day by day life I can seek and bring to life much more opportunities to develop myself within AIESEC.
There is another fact that made me one more time aware of the thing that it’s up to me to do whatever crosses your mind. Since I came to the Netherlands the though of organizing something with and for the trainees keep on bumping in my neurons. Due to different and silly reasons it remained only an idea … and now I saw that another trainee brought it to life. I don’t mind that someone else made it happen; I’m just looking at myself and wondering: Have you ever heard about It’s up to you?
To take it to a higher level, I am wondering which direction I should take. I love AIESEC and I see great opportunities for me to keep developing within it for the next few years … but for the same few next years I have other opportunities apart from AIESEC. Both of them require my full time and dedication. Being sorry for what I haven’t done it’s less and less my way of thinking day by day.
And now I’m thinking … thinking … thinking … It’s up to you!

P.S. Hmmm…this topic looks like a post for my green blog, if I haven’t put it there already :)

No comments: