Sunday, May 20, 2007

Points of view

Since I arrived in the Netherlands I was confronted with an issue: what makes me as a Romanian different from other people, what defines the Romanian way of viewing life. Excepting the traditions, language, way of snoring, there are some hidden things that you discover while you are in contact with peoples from other countries.
Recently, after a few talks with different peoples I realized the reasons for continuing my experience; mostly they are the good parts, but also there are the bad parts that once discovered makes me want to confront them.

I was reading the comments after the vote regarding the suspended president of Romania and there were 2 remarks that made me write this post:

If a parliament elected by us found that he was wrong, then there must be
something in it. I did not need to analyse their decision, I just trusted them. (source)
I support the president, because he stands alone against everybody. (source)

N.B. Those comments ARE NOT representative for the general romanian opinion. I just post them as they made me aware of a point of view from which I could make some light in my corners :)
The first one made me think about the importance of reviewing your past decisions.
I've read the second one having in mind a discussion about blindly supporting the one that is fighting alone without asking myself about the reasons that made him do that or the effect of his/her actions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...there are some hidden things that you discover while you are in contact with peoples from other countries.

Some? Ei bine, ramai trasnit cand le vezi comportamentul si modul de a gandi.
Un lucru pe care il pot afirma cu certitudine e ca nu mi-ar placea sa traiesc in Franta.
Ca roman in Franta, trebuie sa subliniez.