Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Great expectations

Last Saturday I went on another amazing trip around Netherlands; that kind of traveling that I really enjoy: seeing all kind of places, human made things, flavour of different cities, smaller or bigger. The days before it I haven't thought about it not for even a second ... I just knew that it's going to happen and my mind didn't bother to make plans or preview it. This is what gives such powerful and unique and full of life flavour to my travelings: wake up in the morning, drink my milk/tea and step out the door without thinking at all about how it's going to be.
A few weeks before I was talking with a friend and setting up some expectations, reasoning the act of adventuring in this new trip. There were some good ideas there but they couldn't bring to me the joy of doing it.

Maybe a new time has come for me: living without being blinded by my own great expectations or idealistic approach on my acts. It's happening more and more often.

I have the same thing with human relations (a girl/woman that I like, friends, or just simple people around me): setting up my expectations and blindly going forward just with them in my mind; wanting one thing so much that everything second is given for fulfilling it ... and I wake up laughing on what a foul I have been.

Life has so many colors and flavours and it is so complex and dynamic that none of my fixed ideas can resist it. It has to go by itself like that smile that I've met on a sunny day.
Religion, living, happiness ... they know one word: courage

No comments: